| Our street looking West from outside our gate (across an empty lot). We usually turn East to get to a larger road- but as you can see, not many taxis around, only goats! |
Share in our experience of God making beautiful things out of the dust and out of us in West Africa.
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
Need for Control
I don't know too many people who don't want to be in control. I fall in that same category. A few weeks ago El Padre went to bed with a fever, by morning it was 102.9. So I talked to the doctor and we needed to travel to the hospital about 20 minutes away. El Padre was way too sick to travel by bus and we have no vehicle. In addition to our children's needs, we had four things happening that day and I had to figure out how to tell all those people. Feeling like a juggler, I went out to see if I could find a vehicle to get him to the hospital. Needless to say I was very stressed and felt like I had the weight of the world on my shoulders. As I walked to find a taxi, the Spirit reminded me that God is in control of all, not me. I was reminded of the times He has answered very specific prayers in our lives and I rested in His care. I found a taxi very easily (which is very rare by our house!). As I was walking from the taxi drop off to my destination, the person I need to cancel on and I didn't have a phone number for drove past on his motorcycle and stopped to talk to me! Of course the church members pulled together a vehicle and driver and we had a ride to the hospital. El Padre had a couple of rough days, but is back to normal now. I am a mathematician and I suggest there is a solution to every problem, but just have to remember not to put too much emphasis on me. It is a great reminder that God is in control. Even after all this provision, I found myself thinking, “we need to get a car ASAP”. The need for control (and convenience) keeps slipping back in...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment