| Another look at sweet Saratu |
| Remembering Hawa |
From these girls, I remember their smiles mostly. They had difficulties, but they always smiled when we saw each other. Hawa was full of laughter and loved being tickled. I gave her her very own plastic bowl for eating meals and you would have thought I gave her the world. Saratu had some health complications, so sometimes children were tough on her. In my limited speaking ability, I remember trying to rebuke another child teasing her. I don't remember, but hope I shared with her that last pomegranate she asked for.
But what did I not share with these girls? Well, sadly, I never talked to them about Jesus. Lately, I have had these thoughts of my friends asking me "Why Friend? Why did you never tell me?" I guess I sound like Moses, "My language was not good enough. My actions will have to be enough and the local Christians will have to use the words." Problem is these friends do not interact with other Christians regularly. So this week I am preparing ways to start including Jesus' name more in my daily talk with these friends and I am pleading with Jesus to forgive me and intercede with these dear girls.
--La Maestra
No comments:
Post a Comment