As I was continuing to
reflect on this lack of routine and my rising discontentment, I was led to
think about all the people who have no choice in life of where they live or
what they eat. Think about the young mom
juggling multiple children in a single room of the homeless shelter or taking
her children through the cafeteria line for another round of hot dogs. The noise.
The disruption. The
confusion.
I recently read an article about refugees in a troubled area in our region and the disruption that BH has caused to them recently. The lack of food, comfort and schooling in
this area is humbling. The lack of hope
for the future is discouraging.
Tears come to my eyes as I think of the men, women and
children around this world trafficked.
No control. Stuck in the corrupt
system of greedy people.
Not to mention the many people in the world with enough
resources, control, choice and power who have broken hearts or feel stuck in
the success wheel.
Last year at New Wilmington Mission Conference, I had the
privilege of listening to my cousin, Mike Moore lead a Bible study a couple of
days. One challenge the Holy Spirit
placed on my heart from his teaching was how true worship comes from
thankfulness. I have had thankfulness as
a focus this year, but out of routine I tend to so quickly slip into
discontentment.
Please pray for the many people in the world without choice and together today let's choose to be grateful for our many choices and enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment