| Neighbor boys simply playing with a large beetle |
Yet from time to time as I observe the joy and non-concerned attitude of our friends, it makes me wonder. What if I were not born into being educated? What if I lived day by day to try to provide food for my family? Wouldn't it be nice to not know that processed carbs are bad for my children or to keep the amount of salt low? Would it be easier to not know the chemicals used in cleaning are so damaging to the environment and our bodies? Would we have more freedom from concern and freedom to just put what is enjoyable first? Sometimes as I work away the day fixing healthy foods, schooling our children, catching up on facebook and writing, I am jealous of this carefree attitude.
I see it as young as our children. We teach our children to take care of their things and you know what, it might take them up to 20 minutes a day to clean up their toys. We don't even have very many toys here, yet it is enough to take a good portion of our children's day.
I think I was brought up right! I know how to take care of things, yet how easy it is for me to get caught up on all that extra stuff because of the privilege of being able to have that extra stuff.
--La Maestra
No comments:
Post a Comment