Friday, December 12, 2014

Little by Little

El Padre just built a small shelving unit from some plywood we found
and so now we can finally organize some of the kitchen stuff!
It seems like everything can be put off til tomorrow, except for visiting. It has been frustrating how long things have taken to come together in the Sahel. We agreed on a house and waited and waited to move in. We have bought a car and are waiting for the car details to come together. I set very long off dates that I hope things will happen by
thinking that I am being very generous in making it so far away and then it is still a couple of weeks after that far off date before things come together. Our guard, our desert 'garden', school start date, going to the pool, getting flour, the waiting list does not stop.

At the same time we are grateful “Casa” people have this little by little expectation because our language and cultural learning is little by little and they are very tolerant of that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment