Friday, December 4, 2015

So Much Need

The women's group serving Easter lunch
Everywhere we turn people need something. Lately, this has been wearing on me. Now if they are really serious needs vs. people just wanting more, that is always difficult to tell. We are not the most interesting people to talk to in our new language – maybe entertaining from time to time – but generally slow at speaking and needing lots of repetition. We have found that shuts some people down and they do not talk to us. This is true for the women's group that I am involved in. Except for one woman, they rarely turn to me to make sure that I understand what is going on... unless it involves money. Then they say, 'Does La Maestra know about it?' and they take all the time needed to make sure that I understand and can give money for this cause. One day I left women's group in tears, discouraged because they only seem to talk to me when they want money. I have a personality. I have a need too, to be seen as more than just a potential money source!

But then I wonder, how often does God have the opportunity to feel the same way? I usually have different sections of prayer when I pray, sure to start with adoration, confession, and thanksgiving. But my supplication is a very long list. I am confident that God hears and answers my prayers. I am confident that I am a child of God and God takes delight in me. I am also sure that I wear on Him. I pop up prayers all day long, but I am guessing that over 95% of the time those are supplications. Why don't I pop up with adoration, confession and thanksgiving prayers during the day? I need my own reminder that relationships are meant to be enjoyed, to be a two way street, to be multi-faceted, not just focused on getting something! -- La Maestra


La Maestra singing with the women's fellowship choir

No comments:

Post a Comment