Thursday, November 30, 2017

Like you do for Muller


The children and I have been reading George Muller's biography from YWAM. I am so grateful that I have had the chance to read this book. That is one great joy of homeschooling - I often get to learn along with the children and as the children change grade levels, I get new materials each year!

George Muller's life has challenged me in prayer over the past 3 weeks. He left his impression on the world through his bold prayers and confidence in God's provision. As a pastor, he would not take a salary. He cared for 2,000 orphans at one time (over 10,000 in his lifetime) through only asking God for the provisions for them. One morning three hundred orphans were gathered for breakfast, but there was no food. He called one of his 'granddaughters' to come watch how God was going to answer his prayer. He prayed for the breakfast that God would provide that morning. A moment later there was a knock on the door. The baker had stayed up all night to make bread for the orphans. As soon as that was passed out, the milk man said his cart had broken outside their home and he would have to unload all the milk to fix it. Could they use some milk? His 'granddaughter' started praying that God would answer her prayers, "like you do for George Muller. Amen."

So what has this meant for me? Well, I still have a lot of room for improvement in prayer, but I find myself talking to God a lot. I honestly think that I have talked more to God in the past three weeks than I have talked to any one other person. Even though I will try to
continue moving forward in focus and content, I am grateful for these strides.

-- La Maestra

No comments:

Post a Comment