The meeting was much anticipated and proved to provide the kind of synergy and reconnecting that the church was hoping for. Many of the pastors got to catch up with people they went to Bible school with, but hadn’t seen for 10-20 years! I was a little skeptical when I first heard the plan, because it’s very expensive to have this scale of meeting for around 200 people, and I wasn’t sure what would be accomplished. But after attending the full three days, I saw three big benefits that made it seem worthwhile. Good teaching on good practices for evangelists in a community, feedback on practical matters, and a comprehensive explanation of the new-ish national structure, which generated more buy-in from the participants. You can read more details about each of those topics in my next blog.
Video of the beginning of the skit.
A final highlight was that the CHE program was asked to present the basics of CHE and our plan for training to the whole group, so that people could understand what they’re hearing bits and pieces about, and so everyone can see its intention and usefulness. I was very pleased with the way the National CHE Trainer that I work with was able to explain CHE clearly and concisely, and we had fun presenting one of the foundational CHE skits about villagers crossing a river. We also had some great testimonies from the evangelists that we’ve already trained and a fair amount of encouragement from all parts of the church.
-- El Padre
No comments:
Post a Comment