| Riding a camel with mommy on A Delight's b-day. |
As a homeschooling mom who has very little reason to ever be away from her children, we have had some tense days. Gratefully, God is growing me in this process. I have to keep up on my daily prayer for my heart, for my children and for our school day. I also have to work to keep in mind Zig Zag’s specific struggles and see with compassion instead of thinking he’s trying to aggravate me. In addition, when things are getting tense, I have found it best to laugh together. The most obvious, but so difficult to keep up on is to point out the positive before the negatives come. In order to do this, I have found my heart has to be right and I require a lot of prayer time each day. I even have a new song, “Oh Lord give me patience, give me patience, patience, patience. Oh Lord give me patience today.”
Having said all these things, we are positive God has prepared Zig Zag for our home and us for him. I was praying for him from the time that his mom would have learned she was pregnant. He has put up with our crazy travel schedule and the new demands of community (family) and losing some of his independence. And for the most part he is so very flexible in learning the ways of family. Just the other day he held a sled (from Frozen) and said, “I want to do dis tomorrow” and flew it through the air. El Padre amazingly figured out he wanted to go on a roller coaster! I am not sure he has even realized that we moved back to the Sahel :).
-- La Maestra
No comments:
Post a Comment