Thursday, April 6, 2017

Children sick

It is so hard when your children are sick. I am sure many of you can relate. You want to do anything to make them feel better and anything to make them more comfortable. Smile-On was sick again this week with malaria. It was miserable. With outside temps at 110, inside temps at 100 and cuddling his 103.8 degree fevered body, it was a new definition of hot. Hot has now hit a new level. But I had water, washcloths, medications and the best foods and filtered water all available to help him get better. Can you imagine having your hands ‘tied’ because you have no way to help your child in this situation? It breaks my heart, because this is true in much of the world who has to work so much harder just to maintain basic resources.

This ties into the realization of how many people and children in this world are starving. Hunger is a very real issue in this part of the world and we are hearing reports of northern Nigeria, Ethiopia and South Sudan in similar situations with starvation. It is heart wrenching. It simply comes back to – this is unacceptable. Food hand outs are not the solution, although I am working on praying daily that God would lead anyone in a desperate situation like this to ask us for help. More equitable education, pay and use of resources – not taking advantage of the disadvantaged, is the only solution I see. Essentially that we, as the advantaged, would be willing to take a pay cut and we would be less greedy and we would not think we deserve it. Sadly, I don’t see this improving until the New Earth. “Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, Have mercy on me, A sinner.”


--La Maestra

2 comments:

  1. God be with you. When I pray for my own children & grandchildren, I pray for you all, & your friends there. Lord, open the hearts of the people, especially the ones who have put themselves in positions of power, to be aware of the many hungry, sick & disenfranchised, who don't get clean water by turning on a tap, who don't sleep on clean sheets, & who have no idea where their next meals will come from...if they'll even have next meals, or any other kind of 'security'. Please let those in power FEEL the need & to share what they have with others., not handouts, but in ways that and be sustained & available to all. Thy will be done, Lord.

    ReplyDelete