Friday, April 7, 2017

Great is Your Faithfulness!

Nature - a great way to envision a
fraction of God's mightiness
El Padre was away this past week. As with any home, that created a lot more work for me in the home. In addition because we homeschool and live in the Sahel where there aren’t many places to go, it created a lot of time together for mommy and children without any other buffer. But looking back at the week, God really provided the peace, patience and exactly what we needed for each day. We had excellent water and electricity (well, considering this time of the year). Of course we have a generator and yes I can use it, but that is El Padre’s specialty. Even as I am writing this, after a 4.5 hr power cut the power just came on! I was going to put the generator on in 5 minutes and the power just came on! God is so faithful and as my children and I are trying to practice – look to see His faithfulness. In addition, one of our great family friends gave us two mornings of easy breakfast food! El Padre usually prepares breakfast, so this was a huge gift. Morning by morning new mercies I see.

This didn’t mean everything went the way I wanted it to go. The car wouldn’t start when it was time to pick up El Padre, but our friend helped us out with that. Smile On suddenly spiked very high fevers two days in a row which turned out to be another round of malaria. In addition to his discomfort with 103.8 degree fever, routine was broken and he and I missed a lot of sleep. El Padre came home exhausted to an exhausted home.

So at the end of this week I find, this time he was away was a great reminder of the many ways my husband impacts so many lives daily. It gave me a renewed appreciation for him and God’s provision falls in the same category. Even though it was a good learning experience, I am not looking forward to the 6 weeks he will be away in the fall and grateful my parents will be here for almost 4 weeks of it.

-- La Maestra

1 comment:

  1. Dear Ones, I think of you often and pray for the many ministries that occupy your time, especially the ministry to your own young family! Thank you for all the energy and love you invest in Kingdom work. May God bless you with much joy this Easter!!! XOXO The Craigs

    ReplyDelete